Let us put these principles under scrutiny and work on our freedoms
The 28 principles? where do they come from? They are pretty much a thorough analysis of our Founding Fathers’ intentions as chronicled in the book, “The 5000 Year Leap: Principles of Freedom 101.”
The book notes how these principles have brought about a more successful system than any other in the last 5000 years. But, Po knows the whole system of the Founding Fathers has been under attack from Day 1 and it is now up to the people because the same politicians who praise the book, Reagan, Hatch and others ARE right in line with the problems the book talks about, (refer to the LogikBlog belief in the United States of Double Standards where the good is the bad and the bad is the good and so a great many people talk out of both sides of their mouth and don’t even realize it.)
But, a friend insisted upon the book and placed it right in hand. So, we will check it point for point:
- THE GENIUS OF NATURAL LAW.
- A VIRTUOUS AND MORAL PEOPLE.
- VIRTUOUS AND MORAL LEADERS.
- THE ROLE OF RELIGION.
- THE ROLE OF THE CREATOR.
- ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL.
- EQUAL RIGHTS NOT EQUAL THINGS.
- MAN’S UNALIENABLE RIGHTS.
- THE ROLE OF REVEALED LAW.
- SOVEREIGNTY OF THE PEOPLE.
- WHO CAN ALTER THE GOVERNMENT.
- ADVANTAGES OF A REPUBLIC.
- PROTECTION AGAINST HUMAN FRAILTY.
- PROPERTY RIGHTS ESSENTIAL TO LIBERTY.
- FREE-MARKET ECONOMICS.
- THE SEPARATION OF POWERS.
- CHECKS AND BALANCES.
- IMPORTANCE OF A WRITTEN CONSTITUTION.
- LIMITING AND DEFINING THE POWERS OF GOVERNMENT.
- MAJORITY RULE, MINORITY RIGHTS.
- STRONG LOCAL SELF-GOVERNMENT.
- GOVERNMENT BY LAW, NOT MEN.
- PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH.
- IMPORTANCE OF AN EDUCATED ELECTORATE.
- AVOID ENTANGLING ALLIANCES.
- PROTECTING THE ROLE OF THE FAMILY.
- AVOIDING THE BURDEN OF DEBT.
- THE FOUNDERS’ SENSE OF MANIFEST DESTINY.
Right now, a few of them seem to be in conflict and it can be seen that some are the derivatives of the authors and must be looked at. Both left and right cite the Founding Documents often. Let’s see how they adhere to that which they cite.
(TO BE CONTINUED…. )